Tabea leads the our Science Team’s work on climate change adaptation and vulnerability. She has been working on analysing climate change impacts on societal sectors for over 10 years. Her work focuses on the analysis of human-environmental systems, using conceptual as well as quantitative modelling approaches and spatial analysis methods. A special interest lies in understanding the processes and interaction of the many determinants, which make human-environmental systems especially vulnerable to climate change. In this context, she works on translating the various determinants of vulnerability into methods, which advance the comparability and transferability of results between regions and which provide useful information to stakeholders and decision-makers in especially vulnerable regions.
Tabea is Lead Author in the upcoming IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, contributing to Working Group II on Chapter 4 Water.
Tabea has a background in Geography, Political Science and Environmental Management and holds a PhD in Geography from Humboldt University, Berlin, which she developed while working as a junior researcher in the Climate Change & Development Group at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK). She is the author of several peer-reviewed publications in leading climate change journals.
- Climate change is here now – we need to talk about adaptation Tabea Lissner, Tessa Möller, Nicole van Maanen, Burcu Yesil, 16 August 2021
- Piecing together the adaptation puzzle for small island states Tabea Lissner, 15 August 2016
- Challenges in climate adaptation planning Jessie Schleppen, Tabea Lissner, 30 May 2016
- Peer reviewed
- Loss and damage implications of sea-level rise on Small Island Developing States Rosanne Martyr-Koller, Adelle Thomas, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Alexander Nauels, Tabea Lissner (2021)
- Overcoming gender inequality for climate resilient development Marina Andrijevic, Jesus Crespo Cuaresma, Tabea Lissner, Adelle Thomas, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner , Nature Communications, 11, Article number: 6261 (2020) , doi:10.1038/s41467-020-19856-w, (2020)
- 1.5°C Hotspots: Climate Hazards, Vulnerabilities, and Impacts Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Delphine Deryng, Sarah D'haen, William Hare, Tabea Lissner, Mouhamed Ly, Alexander Nauels, Melinda Noblet, Peter Pfleiderer, Patrick Pringle, Martin Rokitzki, Fahad Saeed, Michiel Schaeffer, Olivia Serdeczny, Adelle Thomas, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Vol. 43:135-163, doi.org/10.1146/annurev-environ-102017-025835, (2018)
- Science and policy characteristics of the Paris Agreement temperature goal Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Joeri Rogelj, Michiel Schaeffer, Tabea Lissner, Rachel Licker, Erich M. Fischer, Reto Knutti, Anders Levermann, Katja Frieler & William Hare, Nature Climate Change Perspective, 6, 827–835 , doi:10.1038/nclimate3096, (2016)
- Differential climate impacts for policy-relevant limits to global warming: the case of 1.5 °C and 2 °C Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Tabea K. Lissner, Erich M. Fischer, Jan Wohland, Mahé Perrette, Antonius Golly, Joeri Rogelj, Katelin Childers, Jacob Schewe, Katja Frieler, Matthias Mengel, William Hare, and Michiel Schaeffer, Earth System Dynamics, 7, 327-351, doi:10.5194/esd-7-327-2016, (2016)
- Piecing Together the Adaptation Puzzle for Small Island States Lissner, T.K., Schleussner, C.F., Serdeczny, O., Baarsch, F., Schaeffer, M., and Hare, B. , in Climate Change Adaptation in Pacific Countries: Fostering Resilience and Improving the Quality of Life, ed. by Walter Leal Filho (Berlin: Springer), pp. 1–15., (2016)
- A systematic approach to assess human well-being demonstrated for impacts of climate change Lissner, T. K., Reusser, D. E., Lakes, T., & Kropp, J. P., Change and Adaptation in Socio-Ecological Systems (CASES), https://doi.org/10.2478/cass-2014-0010, (2014)
- Determining regional limits and sectoral constraints for water use under climate change Lissner, T. K., Sullivan, C. a., Reusser, D. E., & Kropp, J. P. , Hydrology and Earth System Sciences , 11(5), 4695–4727, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-18-4039-2014, (2014)
- Climate impacts on human livelihoods: where uncertainty matters in projections of water availability Lissner, T. K., Reusser, D. E., Schewe, J., Lakes, T., & Kropp, J. P. , Earth System Dynamics, 5, 355–373, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-5-355-2014, (2014)
- Integrated assessments of water scarcity: knowns, unknowns and ways forward Lissner, T. K., Sullivan, C. A., Reusser, D. E., & Kropp, J. P., In J. J. Bogardi, A. Bhaduri, J. Leentvaar, & S. Marx (Eds.), The global water system in the anthropocene. Springer. , (2014)
- Relating Climate Compatible Development and Human Livelihood Reusser, D. E., Lissner, T. K., Pradhan, P., Holsten, A., Rybski, D. & Kropp, J. P. , Energy Procedia, 40, 192-201, doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2013.08.023, (2013)
- Towards sectoral and standardised vulnerability assessments: the example of heatwave impacts on human health Lissner, T. K., Holsten, A., Walther, C., & Kropp, J. P. , Climatic Change, 112(3-4), 687–708, doi.org/10.1007/s10584-011-0231-5, (2012)
- Interdependence of mitigation, adaptation and sustainable development D. E. Reusser, Tabea Lissnera, Luis Costa, Flavio Augusto Pinto Siabatto, Anselmo Garcia Cantu Ros, and Jürgen P. Kropp, 2012 International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, Managing Resources of a Limited Planet, Sixth Biennial Meeting, Leipzig, Germany, (2012)
- Collaborative modelling of the interdependence of mitigation, adaptation and development , 2012 International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, Managing Resources of a Limited Planet, Sixth Biennial Meeting, Leipzig, Germany, (2012)
- A review of user interface conventions in web applications for climate change information Markus Wrobela, Luís Costaa, Tabea Lissnera, Marta Moneo Laína, Tobias Weißa, Jürgen Kroppa, Proceedings of 2010 International Congress on Environmental Modelling and Software, Modelling for Environment’s Sake, Fifth Biennial Meeting, Ottawa, Canada, (2010)