Rodrigo works as a Climate Policy Analyst, supporting our Implementation Strategies team across a wide variety of projects.
Before joining Climate Analytics, he worked for Mexico’s National Institute of Climate Change (INECC) where he was Assistant Director in Economic Instruments for Green Growth. During his time at INECC, he was involved in several projects involving mitigation and adaptation economic instruments. He developed national official statistics in green growth such as the green jobs indicator. He also contributed to the cost-benefit analysis of the Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) for the Mexican government presented in Paris (COP 21).
He started his career in the policy sector while working for the National Council for the Evaluation of Social Development Policy (CONEVAL) helping in the design of the first performance assessments in the national development policy programs. He also participated in the statistical committee for preliminary electoral results in the Federal Mexican Election of 2012.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in political science from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). He is completing his Masters in Integrated Natural Resource Management at Humboldt Universität in Berlin.
- Small Island Developing States access to the Green Climate Fund
- SIDS access to the Green Climate Fund - understanding the GCF portfolio in small island developing states
- Enhancing the Climate Rationale for GCF Proposals
- Addressing the GCF Investment Criteria
- Elements of a Strong GCF Proposal
- Éléments d'une proposition de projet du FVC
- Répondre aux critères d'investissement
- Amélioration de la justification climatique