Dr Lissner is on maternity leave
Tabea supports the Science Team at Climate Analytics in the field of climate impacts, vulnerability and adaptation. She has been working on analysing climate change impacts on societal sectors for several years. Her work focuses on the analysis of human-environmental systems, using conceptual as well as quantitative modelling approaches and spatial analysis methods. A special interest lies in understanding the processes and interaction of the many determinants, which make human-environmental systems especially vulnerable to climate change. In this context, she works on translating the various determinants of vulnerability into methods, which advance the comparability and transferability of results between regions and which provide useful information to stakeholders and decision-makers in especially vulnerable regions.
Tabea has a background in Geography, Political Science and Environmental Management and holds a PhD in Geography from Humboldt University, Berlin, which she developed while working as a junior researcher in the Climate Change & Development Group at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK). She remains affiliated with PIK as a guest scientist and is the author of several peer-reviewed publications.
To view Tabea’s previous publications, visit her profile at PIK
- Piecing together the adaptation puzzle for small island states , 15 August 2016
- Challenges in climate adaptation planning , 30 May 2016
- Peer reviewed
- Science and policy characteristics of the Paris Agreement temperature goal Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Joeri Rogelj, Michiel Schaeffer, Tabea Lissner, Rachel Licker, Erich M. Fischer, Reto Knutti, Anders Levermann, Katja Frieler & William Hare, Nature Climate Change Perspective, 6, 827–835 , doi:10.1038/nclimate3096, (2016)
- Differential climate impacts for policy-relevant limits to global warming: the case of 1.5 °C and 2 °C Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Tabea K. Lissner, Erich M. Fischer, Jan Wohland, Mahé Perrette, Antonius Golly, Joeri Rogelj, Katelin Childers, Jacob Schewe, Katja Frieler, Matthias Mengel, William Hare, and Michiel Schaeffer, Earth System Dynamics, 7, 327-351, doi:10.5194/esd-7-327-2016, (2016)
- "Piecing Together the Adaptation Puzzle for Small Island States" in Climate Change Adaptation in Pacific Countries: Fostering Resilience and Improving the Quality of Life, Leal Filho, Walter (Ed.) Tabea K. Lissner, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Olivia Serdeczny, Bill Hare (2017)