Victor Maxwell works as a Climate Energy and Policy Analyst, focussing on the analysis and assessment of climate, data and energy policies for Asia-Pacific countries. He is based in Perth, Australia.
Prior to joining Climate Analytics, Victor gained expertise in climate and energy analysis during his time as a Research Fellow at Project Drawdown.
Victor completed his PhD studies at The University of Queensland where his research focused on quantifying the effects of intermittent renewable generation on Australian electricity prices.
Victor holds a MSc in Urban, Energy, and Environmental Planning from Aalborg University, and a BSc in Physics from Florida International University.
- Fyson, C., Grant, N., Das, N., Maxwell, V., Reynolds, C., Rogelj, J., Schleußner, C.F., Waterton, O. When will global greenhouse gas emissions peak?. (2023)
- Maxwell, V., Das, N:. High and dry: the global energy transition's looming impact on the LNG and oil shipbuilding industry. (2023)
- Welder, L., Grant, N., Aboumhaboub, T., Hörsch, J., Maxwell, V., Fyson, C., Hare, B. Clean power in South Korea. (2023)
- No room for new gas in South Korea
- Submission to the Australian Government's review of the Safeguard Mechanism
- Long term strategies: low carbon growth, resilience and prosperity for Least Developed Countries
- Australian government advertisement fact check
- Australian election 2022 political party and independent climate goals: analysis
- Woodside’s Scarborough and Pluto Project undermines the Paris Agreement
- Why gas is the new coal
- Australia's 2030 emissions: states lead the way