+49 (0)30 259 22 95-41
Carl supports the team in climate physics related questions as well as climate impacts and is a co-author of the second and third Turn Down the Heat report for the World Bank. Carl is author of a series of peer-reviewed scientific studies.
Since 2009 he is a guest scientist at the Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research working on various climate related research topics such as the stability of the North Atlantic Ocean Circulation, continental moisture recycling in South America and the relation between climate extremes and civil conflicts. He has expertise in climate modelling, analysing climate data and non-linear time series analysis techniques. Carl holds a PhD in Climate Physics at the University of Potsdam under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Anders Levermann.
- Peer reviewed
- Armed-conflict risks enhanced by climate-related disasters in ethnically fractionalized countries Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Jonathan F. Dongesa, Reik V. Donnera, and Hans Joachim Schellnhuber (2016)
- Science and policy characteristics of the Paris Agreement temperature goal Carl-Friedrich Schleussner (Climate Analytics), Joeri Rogelj (Energy Program, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis), Michiel Schaeffer (Climate Analytics), Tabea Lissner (Climate Analytics), Rachel Licker (Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University), Erich M. Fischer, Reto Knutti (Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science), Anders Levermann, Katja Frieler (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research) and William Hare (Climate Analytics) (2016)
- Differential climate impacts for policy-relevant limits to global warming: the case of 1.5 °C and 2 °C Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Tabea K. Lissner, Erich M. Fischer, Jan Wohland, Mahé Perrette, Antonius Golly, Joeri Rogelj, Katelin Childers, Jacob Schewe, Katja Frieler, Matthias Mengel, William Hare, and Michiel Schaeffer (2016)
- Climate change impacts in Central Asia and their implications for development Reyer CPO, IM Otto, S Adams, T Albrecht, F Baarsch, M Cartsburg, D Coumou, A Eden, E Ludi, R Marcus, M Mengel, B Mosello, A Robinson,C. F. Schleussner, O Serdeczny, J Stagl (2015)
- Co-evolutionary behaviour selection in adaptive social networks predicts clustered marginalization of minorities C. F. Schleussner, J.F. Donges, D.A. Engemann, and A. Levermann (2015)
- Event coincidence analysis for quantifying statistical interrelationships between event time series: on the role of flood events as possible triggers of epidemic outbreaks J.F. Donges, C. F. Schleussner, J.F. Siegmund, and R.V. Donner (2015)
- Climate change impacts in Latin America and the Caribbean and their implications for development Reyer CPO, S Adams, T Albrecht, F Baarsch, A Boit, N Canales Trujillo, M Cartsburg, D Coumou, A Eden, E Fernandes, F Langerwisch, R Marcus, M Mengel, D Mira-Salama, M Perette, P Pereznieto, A Rammig, J Reinhardt, A Robinson, M Rocha, B Sakschewski, M Schaeffer, C. F. Schleussner, O Serdeczny, K Thonicke (2015)
- A volcanically triggered regime shift in the subpolar North Atlantic Ocean as a possible origin of the Little Ice Age C. F. Schleussner , G. Feulner (2013)
- Enhanced Atlantic subpolar gyre variability through baroclinic threshold in a coarse resolution model M.Mengel, A.Levermann, C. F. Schleussner , A. Born (2012)
- Coherent two-dimensional ultraviolet spectroscopy in fully noncollinear geometry Selig, U., Schleussner, C.F., Foerster, M., Langhojer, F., Nuernberger, P., Brixner, T.
- Briefing papers
- Briefing Note on the assessment “Differential climate impacts for policy-relevant limits to global warming: The case of 1.5°C and 2°C” Carl-Friedrich Schleussner (2015)
- Briefing note on the Report on the Structured Expert Dialogue on the 2013-2015 Review Bill Hare, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner (2015)
- Is it possible to return warming to below 1.5°C within this century? Hare, Bill, Schaeffer Michiel, Serdeczny Olivia, and Schleussner Carl-Friedrich (2014)
- Implications of the 1.5°C limit in the Paris Agreement for climate policy and decarbonisation Bill Hare, Niklas Roming, Michiel Schaeffer, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner (2016)
- Turn Down the Heat: Climate Extremes, Regional Impacts and the Case for Resilience Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, Bill Hare, Olivia Serdeczny, Michiel Schaeffer, Sophie Adams, Florent Baarsch, Susanne Schwan, Dim Coumou, Alexander Robinson, Marion Vieweg, Franziska Piontek, Reik Donner, Jakob Runge, Kira Rehfeld, Joeri Rogelj, Mahé Perette, Arathy Menon, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Alberte Bondeau, Anastasia Svirejeva-Hopkins, Jacob Schewe, Katja Frieler, Lila Warszawski, Marcia Rocha. (2013)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Warning of climate science - again - written in Doha sand Niklas Höhne, Marion Vieweg, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Joeri Rogelj, Marcia Rocha, Johannes Gütschow, Carl-‐Friedrich Schleussner, Felix Fallasch, Julia Larkin, Hanna Fekete, (2012)