+49 (0)30 259 22 95 38
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Geiges is a member of the Climate Policy Team at Climate Analytics and is involved in multiple projects, including the Climate Action Tracker and IMPACT.
Andreas has a broad background in stochastic modelling, Bayesian statistical analysis, uncertainty quantification, as well as in information theory. While working on a wide range of model types (including fluid-flow, economic and agent-based models), he has developed a high level of expertise in data analytics and management, conceptual model development, and trans-disciplinary work.
Andreas also contributed to the development of a publication examining strategies for better interaction between policy and science in the stakeholder engagement process. This interactive process was aimed at incorporating stakeholder feedback into the development of socio-technical systems models using interactive visualisation of intermediate results and model assumptions.
- Briefing papers
- Pre-2020 commitments and the need for more ambitious NDCs Paola Yanguas Parra, Michiel Schaeffer, Andreas Geiges, Claire Stockwell, Alex Nauels, Matt Gidden (2019)
- How can Paris Agreement commitments be improved now to close the gap to 1.5°C Andreas Geiges, Paola Yanguas Parra, Claire Fyson, Annika Günther, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter (2019)
- Global and regional coal phase-out requirements of the Paris Agreement: Insights from the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C Paola A. Yanguas Parra, Gaurav Ganti, Robert Brecha, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes (2019)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- A government roadmap for addressing the climate and post COVID-19 economic crises Climate Analytics, New Climate Institute (2020)