+49 (0)30 259 22 95 38
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Geiges is a member of the Climate Policy Team at Climate Analytics and is involved in multiple projects, including the Climate Action Tracker and IMPACT.
Andreas has a broad background in stochastic modelling, Bayesian statistical analysis, uncertainty quantification, as well as in information theory. While working on a wide range of model types (including fluid-flow, economic and agent-based models), he has developed a high level of expertise in data analytics and management, conceptual model development, and trans-disciplinary work.
Andreas also contributed to the development of a publication examining strategies for better interaction between policy and science in the stakeholder engagement process. This interactive process was aimed at incorporating stakeholder feedback into the development of socio-technical systems models using interactive visualisation of intermediate results and model assumptions.
- Peer reviewed
- National ‘fair shares’ in reducing greenhouse gas emissions within the principled framework of international environmental law Lavanya Rajamani, Louise Jeffery, Niklas Höhne, Frederic Hans, Alyssa Glass, Gaurav Ganti, Andreas Geiges, Climate Policy, (2021)
- Incremental improvements of 2030 targets insufficient to achieve the Paris Agreement goals Andreas Geiges, Alexander Nauels, Paola Yanguas Parra, Marina Andrijevic, William Hare, Peter Pfleiderer, Michiel Schaeffer, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Earth System Dynamics, (2020)
- Decarbonization of Australia’s Energy System: Integrated Modeling of the Transformation of Electricity, Transportation, and Industrial Sectors Tina Aboumahboub, Robert J. Brecha, Himalaya Shrestha, Ursula Fuentes, Andreas Geiges, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaefer, Lara Welder, Matthew Gidden (2020)
- Briefing papers
- Are the G7 pulling their weight on climate? Claire Fyson, Dr Matthew Gidden, Dr Andreas Geiges, Marie-Camille Attard (2021)
- Pre-2020 commitments and the need for more ambitious NDCs Paola Yanguas Parra, Michiel Schaeffer, Andreas Geiges, Claire Stockwell, Alex Nauels, Matt Gidden (2019)
- Closing the gap: the impact of G20 climate commitments on limiting temperature rise to 1.5°C Claire Fyson, Andreas Geiges, Matthew Gidden, Jamal Srouji and Clea Schumer (2021)
- Global update: Paris Agreement Turning Point Claire Fyson, Andreas Geiges, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare, Deborah Ramalope, Claire Stockwell (Climate Analytics), Sofia Gonzales Zuñiga, Frederic Hans, Niklas Höhne, Louise Jeffery, Silke Mooldijk, Leonardo Nascimento (NewClimate Institute) (2020)
- How can Paris Agreement commitments be improved now to close the gap to 1.5°C Andreas Geiges, Paola Yanguas Parra, Claire Fyson, Annika Günther, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter (2019)
- Global and regional coal phase-out requirements of the Paris Agreement: Insights from the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C Paola A. Yanguas Parra, Gaurav Ganti, Robert Brecha, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes (2019)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Paris Agreement Compatible Sectoral Benchmarks New Climate Institute: Louise Jeffery, Anna Nilsson, Niklas Höhne, Markus Hagemann; Climate Analytics: Marie-Camille Attard, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Andreas Geiges, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ryan Wilson. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2020)
- A government roadmap for addressing the climate and post COVID-19 economic crises Climate Analytics, New Climate Institute (2020)