+49(0)30 259 22 95-24
Blogs & media
El Niño: A looming disaster, The Third Pole, 02 March, 2016,
Sound byte: Expect more extreme weather this year, Daily Dawn, 12 February, 2016
Heatwave likely to hit urban areas this year, Daily Dawn, 14 March, 2016
Climate Change and Migration to Cities migration-to-cities/, PRISE Blog Post, 05 June, 2015
A challenge for cities of the future details2187-article-2015.html, Daily Times, 26 May, 2015
Temperatures, heatwaves set to increase, Daily Dawn, 12 December, 2014
Tackling global warming: Climate Change driving migration to urban areas, The Express Tribune, 14 December, 2014
The Perpetual Pump, Max-Planck Research Magazine, April, 2013,
The Fate of the Big rain Max-Planck Research Magazine, January, 2011
Fahad supports the Science Team in the development and maintenance of a database structure for climate data, including general circulation models and gridded climate impact and socio-economic data, the coordination of climate science analyses and similar projects.
He has authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and reports on a variety of climate-related topics, such as climatology, hydrology and glaciology. In addition to this work, he has written and contributed to various articles which concentrate on creating awareness about climate change and has also made contributions to climate communications in the form of social media appearances. He has a background in Physics and has dedicated his professional career, which he started at the Global Climate Change Impact Studies Centre (GCISC) to issues surrounding climate change and its impacts.
Prior to joining Climate Analytics, Fahad worked at the Centre of Excellence Climate Change Research (CECCR) at the King Abdul Aziz University in Saudi Arabia, where he still is an Adjunct Professor. He was also Research Fellow and Head of Environment and Climate Change Unit at the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) in Islamabad, Pakistan, where he conducted research in climatology, hydrology and agriculture and was climate change advisor for the Pathways to Resilience in Semi-Arid Economics (PRISE) Project.
He has a background in physics and holds a Ph.D. in Earth Sciences from the Max-Planck Institute for Meteorology at the University of Hamburg.
- Peer reviewed
- Assessing the robustness and uncertainties of projected changes in temperature and precipitation in AR4 Global Climate Models over the Arabian Peninsula M. Almazroui, F. Saeed, M. N. Islam, Atmospheric Research, Volume 182, Pages 163–175, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosres.2016.07.025, (2016)
- Simulation of temperature and precipitation climatology for the CORDEX-MENA/Arab do- main using RegCM4 M. Almazroui, M. N. Islam, A. K. Al-Khalaf, F. Saeed, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 9: 13, doi:10.1007/s12517-015-2045-7, (2016)
- Representation of extreme precipitation events leading to opposite climate change signals over the Congo basin F. Saeed, A. Haensler, S. Hagemann, D. Jacob, Atmosphere , 4(3), 254-271, doi:10.3390/atmos4030254, (2013)
- Assessing the robustness of projected precipitaion changes over central Africa on the basis of a multitude of global and regional climate projections Haensler, A., Saeed, F. & Jacob, D. , Climatic Change , 121: 349, doi:10.1007/s10584-013-0863-8, (2013)
- Perspectives in modelling climate-hydrology interactions S. Hagemann, T. Blome, F. Saeed, T. Stacke , Surv. Geophys. , doi:10.1007/s10712-013-9245-z, (2013)
- Assessment of projected climate change signals over central Africa based on a multitude of global and regional climate projections. In: Climate Change Scenarios for the Congo Basin. [Haensler A., Jacob D., Kabat P., Ludwig F. (eds.)] , Climate Service Centre Report No. 11, Hamburg, Germany, , ISSN: 2192-4058, (2013)
- Perspectives in Mod- elling Climate-Hydrology Interactions. In: The Earth’s Hydrological Cycle. [L. Bengtsson, R.M. Bonnet, M. Calisto, G. Destouni, R. Gurney, J. Johannessen, Y. Kerr, W.A. Lahoz, M. Rast (eds.)] S. Hagemann, T. Blome, F. Saeed, T. Stacke, Springer. ISBN: 978-94-017-8789-5, (2013)
- Influence of mid-latitude circulation on upper Indus basin precipitation: the explicit role of irrigation F. Saeed, S. Hagemann, S. Saeed and D. Jacob , Clim. Dyn., , doi:10.1007/s00382-012-1480-3, (2012)
- Can regional climate models represent the Indian monsoon? P. Lucas-Picher, J. H. Christensen, F. Saeed, P. Kumar, S. Asharaf, B. Ahrens, A. Wiltshire, D. Jacob, S. Hagemann , J. Hydrol. Meteorol., , doi:10.1175/2011JHM1327.1, (2011)
- A framework for the evaluation of South Asian summer monsoon in a regional climate model applied to REMO F. Saeed, S. Hagemann, D. Jacob , Int. Jour. Climatol., , doi:10.1002/joc.2285, (2011)
- Impact of irrigation on south Asian summer monsoon F. Saeed, S. Hagemann, D. Jacob , Geophys. Res. Let., , 36, L20711, doi:10.1029/2009GL040625, (2009)
- Auswirkungen der Bewässerung auf den sudasiatischen Monsun , Forschungsbericht 2012 - Max-Planck-Institut fur Meteorologie, Hamburg, Deutschland, (2012)
- Impact of irrigation on South Asian monsoon climate , Report on Earth System Science, Max Planck Insitute for Meteorology, Hamburg, ISSN:1614-1199, (2011)
- Climate change and irrigation: Global impacts and regional feedbacks , EU WATCH Project, Technical Report 47, (2011)
- Development of climate change scenarios for specific sites corresponding to selected GCM outputs, using statistical downscaling techniques F. Saeed, M. R. Anis, R. Aslam and A. M. Khan, GCISC-RR-09, Global Change Impact Studies Centre (GCISC), Islamabad, Pakistan, ISBN: 978-969-9395-08-6, (2009)