Climate Policy Analyst Dr Tina Abouhmaboub contributes her core expertise in the area of integrated assessment modelling, energy and climate change mitigation economics and policy. As both an energy economist and energy-systems engineer, she is experienced in modelling and optimisation of energy systems, analysing the uptake of renewable energy, modelling global emissions and energy transformation pathways, bottom-up assessment of implications of energy and climate policies. Her further specialty is in the area of modelling and analysis of decarbonisation pathways of the power sector.
Before joining Climate Analytics, she worked as a Postdoc at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research mainly contributing to the multi-model comparison study of LIMITS under the EU 7th Framework Programme. Tina has a PhD in Energy Economics from the Technical University of Munich. Her Thesis was on modelling and optimization of the global power sector with a particular focus on the integration of fluctuating renewables.
- Peer reviewed
- Decarbonization of Australia’s Energy System: Integrated Modeling of the Transformation of Electricity, Transportation, and Industrial Sectors Tina Aboumahboub, Robert J. Brecha, Himalaya Shrestha, Ursula Fuentes, Andreas Geiges, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaefer, Lara Welder, Matthew Gidden (2020)
- A 1.5°C Compatible Carbon Budget for Western Australia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Bill Hare, Anna Chapman, Ryan Wilson, Tina Aboumahboub, Himalaya Shrestha, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaefer. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2019)
- For climate's sake: coal-free by 2030 Paola Yanguas Parra, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Tina Aboumahboub, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer, Bill Hare, Alexander Nauels, GauravGanti (2019)
- Decarbonising South Asia and South East Asia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Paola Yanguas Parra, Anne Zimmer, Andrzej Ancygier, Fahad Saeed, Robert Brecha, Bill Hare, Jessie Granadillos, Tina Aboumahboub, Gaurav Ganti, Ilsa Kelischek, Raghuveer Vyas, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Michiel Schaeffer (2019)
- Science Based Coal Phase-out Pathway For Germany in Line with the Paris Agreement 1.5°C Warming Limit: Opportunities and Benefits of an Accelerated Energy Transition Paola Parra, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Niklas Roming, Anne Zimmer, Fabio Sferra, Tino Aboumahboub, Michiel Schaeffer, Bill Hare, Matt Beer (2018)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Scaling up Climate Action in Australia Ursula Fuentes, Bill Hare, Anna Chapman, Tina Aboumahboub, Himalaya Bir Shrestha, Anne Zimmer, Charlotte Plinke, Michiel Schaefer, Bob Brecha, Matt Gidden. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2020)
- Scaling up climate action in Turkey NewClimate Institute: Hanna Fekete, Frederic Hans, Takeshi Kuramochi, Niklas Höhne, Nicolas Fux Climate Analytics: Tina Aboumahboub, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Michiel Schaeffer, Bill Hare, Matt Beer Ecofys: Thibaud Lemercier, Wieke Hofsteenge, Yvonne Deng, Tom Berg, Kornelis Blok (2019)
- Scaling up climate action in Argentina New Climate Institute, Climate Analytics (2019)
- Scaling up climate action in the European Union: Key opportunities for transitioning to a zero emissions society Andrzej Ancygier, Tina Aboumahboub, Anne Zimmer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaefer, Bill Hare, Matt Beer, Frederic Hans, Hanna Fekete, Keno Riechers, Takeshi Kuramochi, Niklas Höhne, Nicolas Fux, Thibaud Lemercier, Tom Berg, Yvonne Deng, Kornelis Blok (2018)
- Scaling up climate action in South Africa Ecofys, New Climate Institute, Climate Analytics (2018)