Fahad is part of the Climate Analytics Science Team. He works on the development and maintenance of a database structure for climate data, including general circulation models and gridded climate impact and socio-economic data, the coordination of climate science analyses and similar projects.
He has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications on the topics climate change, climatology, Hydrology/Glaciology and climate policy. These publications span the wide range of renowned scientific journals. In addition to this work, he has written and contributed to various articles which concentrate on creating awareness about climate change and has also made contributions to climate communications in the form of social media appearances.
He has a background in Physics and has dedicated his professional career, which he started at the Global Climate Change Impact Studies Centre (GCISC) to issues surrounding climate change and its impacts.
- En route to Katowice: Negotiators from Least Developed Countries prepare for COP24 , 27 October 2018
- Hot, dry or flooded - more weather extremes beyond 1.5°C warming , 27 August 2018
- A year of climate extremes: a case for Loss & Damage at COP23 , 01 November 2017
- In China and Pakistan's coal romance - where is the love for the climate? , 30 March 2017
- Peer reviewed
- 1.5°C Hotspots: Climate Hazards, Vulnerabilities, and Impacts Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Delphine Deryng, Sarah D'haen, William Hare, Tabea Lissner, Mouhamed Ly, Alexander Nauels, Melinda Noblet, Peter Pfleiderer, Patrick Pringle, Martin Rokitzki, Fahad Saeed, Michiel Schaeffer, Olivia Serdeczny, Adelle Thomas, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Vol. 43:135-163, doi.org/10.1146/annurev-environ-102017-025835, (2018)
- Risks for the global freshwater system at 1.5 °C and 2 °C global warming Petra Döll, Tim Trautmann, Dieter Gerten, Hannes Müller Schmied, Sebastian Ostberg, Fahad Saaed, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Environmental Research Letters, 13 (4) 044038, DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aab792, (2018)
- Impacts of 1.5 versus 2.0 °C on cereal yields in the West African Sudan Savanna Babacar Faye, Heidi Webber, Jesse B Naab, Dilys S MacCarthy, Myriam Adam, Frank Ewert, John P A Lamers, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Alex Ruane, Ursula Gessner, Gerrit Hoogenboom, Ken Boote, Vakhtang Shelia, Fahad Saeed, Dominik Wisser, Sofia Hadir, Patrick Laux and Thomas Gaiser, Environmental Research Letters, Volume 13, Number 3, https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/aaab40, (2018)
- Assessing the robustness and uncertainties of projected changes in temperature and precipitation in AR4 Global Climate Models over the Arabian Peninsula M. Almazroui, F. Saeed, M. N. Islam, Atmospheric Research, Volume 182, Pages 163–175, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosres.2016.07.025, (2016)
- Representation of extreme precipitation events leading to opposite climate change signals over the Congo basin F. Saeed, A. Haensler, S. Hagemann, D. Jacob, Atmosphere , 4(3), 254-271, doi:10.3390/atmos4030254, (2013)
- Assessing the robustness of projected precipitaion changes over central Africa on the basis of a multitude of global and regional climate projections Haensler, A., Saeed, F. & Jacob, D. , Climatic Change , 121: 349, doi:10.1007/s10584-013-0863-8, (2013)
- Impact of irrigation on south Asian summer monsoon F. Saeed, S. Hagemann, D. Jacob , Geophys. Res. Let., , 36, L20711, doi:10.1029/2009GL040625, (2009)
- Briefing papers
- Why geoengineering is not a solution to the climate problem Fahad Saeed, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, William Hare (2018)
- HAPPI DE 1.5C Project Carl-Friedrich Schleußner, Fahad Saeed, Alexander Nauels, Tim Trautmann, Kevin Sieck, Juliane Petersen, Stephanie Legutke (2018)
- Auswirkungen der Bewässerung auf den sudasiatischen Monsun , Forschungsbericht 2012 - Max-Planck-Institut fur Meteorologie, Hamburg, Deutschland, (2012)
- Impact of irrigation on South Asian monsoon climate , Report on Earth System Science, Max Planck Insitute for Meteorology, Hamburg, ISSN:1614-1199, (2011)