Lara Welder is a member of the Climate Policy Team at Climate Analytics. With her research expertise in the area of energy system modelling and optimisation, she contributes to the tool development within the team. Among other roles, this includes leading the modelling work under the IKEA project in which approaches for assessing highest plausible ambition trajectories for various countries to meet the Paris Agreement are developed.
Lara is a Process Systems Engineer by training and she received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from RWTH Aachen University. Her studies included stays abroad at Tongji University, Shanghai, China, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. Furthermore, she worked for four years as a scientific researcher at Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany. During this time, she worked in the fields of both Energy Engineering and Software Development.
- Peer reviewed
- Decarbonization of Australia’s Energy System: Integrated Modeling of the Transformation of Electricity, Transportation, and Industrial Sectors Tina Aboumahboub, Robert J. Brecha, Himalaya Shrestha, Ursula Fuentes, Andreas Geiges, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaefer, Lara Welder, Matthew Gidden (2020)
- Briefing papers
- Employment opportunities from a coal-to-renewables transition in South Korea Anne Zimmer, Jonas Hörsch, Charlotte Plinke, Gaurav Ganti, Seukyoung Lee, Himalaya Bir Shrestha, Matthew Gidden, Lara Welder, Jeehye Park, Tina Aboumahboub, Deborah Ramalope, Bill Hare (2021)
- No room for new gas in South Korea Neil Grant, Lara Welder, Victor Maxwell, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare (2022)
- Renewable energy transition in sub-Saharan Africa Deborah Ramalope, Carley Reynolds, Gaurav Ganti, Lara Welder, Claire Fyson, Mavis Mainu, Bill Hare (2022)
- 1.5 pathways for the Council of Europe (CoE) Neil Grant, Ryan Wilson, Aman Majid, Lara Welder, Jonas Hörsch, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare (2022)
- 1.5°C Pathways for the EU27: accelerating climate action to deliver the Paris Agreement Neil Grant, Ryan Wilson, Aman Majid, Lara Welder, Jonas Hörsch, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare (2022)
- National 1.5°C compatible emissions pathways and consistent power sector benchmarks in Africa Marie-Camille Attard, Carley Reynolds, Kim Coetzee, Jonas Hörsch, Lara Welder, Kouassigan Tovivo, Deborah Ramalope, Claire Fyson Bill Hare (2022)
- 1.5°C Pathways for Europe: Achieving the highest plausible climate ambition Ryan Wilson, Lara Welder, Alexandre Delfosse, Jonas Hörsch, Deborah Ramalope, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare (2021)
- National 1.5°C Compatible Emissions Pathways and Consistent Power Sector Benchmarks: Indonesia, Viet Nam, Philippines, India and Japan Anna Chapman, Yvonne Deng, Ursula Fuentes, Lara Welder, Marie-Camille Attard, Jonas Hörsch, Deborah Ramalope, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare (2021)
- U.S. & China Climate Goals: Scenarios for 2030 and Mid-Century Yvonne Deng, Ursula Fuentes, Bill Hare, Lara Welder, Matthew Gidden (2020)