Robert works at the interface of climate science and policy which includes advancing Climate Analytics’ modelling capacities and tools and supporting in the design of the organisational development strategy.
Robert is a highly experienced scientist, trained as a physicist, with a long track record as professor with a focus on sustainability, energy and climate change mitigation. His research publications focus on energy efficiency in buildings, climate change mitigation strategies, fossil-fuel resource limits, integration of fluctuating renewable energy sources and energy needs for sustainable development. At the University of Dayton, he is a Professor of Physics and a faculty member in the Renewable and Clean Energy Program. He was founding coordinator of the Sustainability, Energy and the Environment (SEE) minor from 2007 – 2015 and since 2006 has been a regular visiting scientist at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK).
- Centred on science – how the IPCC can guide mitigation action Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare, 12 April 2019
- A Green New Deal in the United States – fantasy or necessity? Robert Brecha, 25 March 2019
- Stayin' alive: heatwave makes searing case for 1.5°C Claire Fyson, Fahad Saeed, Robert Brecha, Peter Pfleiderer, Quentin Lejeune, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, 15 August 2018
- Briefing papers
- How do we limit warming to 1.5°C: informing the Talanoa Dialogue question, “How do we get there?” (2018)
- Integrated Assessment Models: what are they and how do they arrive at their conclusions? Bill Hare, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaeffer (2018)
- Decarbonising South Asia and South East Asia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Paola Yanguas Parra, Anne Zimmer, Andrzej Ancygier, Fahad Saeed, Robert Brecha, Bill Hare, Jessie Granadillos, Tina Aboumahboub, Gaurav Ganti, Ilsa Kelischek, Raghuveer Vyas, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Michiel Schaeffer (2019)
- Insights from the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C for preparation of long-term strategies Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare (2019)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Transformation points - Achieving the speed and scale required for full decarbonisation Yannick Monschauer, Thibaud Lemercier, Yvonne Deng, Lisa Luna, Niklas Höhne, Robert Brecha, Jasmin Cantzler, Gaurav Ganti, Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes HutfilterClimate Action Tracker, (2019)
- Scaling up climate action in the European Union: Key opportunities for transitioning to a zero emissions society Andrzej Ancygier, Tina Aboumahboub, Anne Zimmer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaefer, Bill Hare, Matt Beer, Frederic Hans, Hanna Fekete, Keno Riechers, Takeshi Kuramochi, Niklas Höhne, Nicolas Fux, Thibaud Lemercier, Tom Berg, Yvonne Deng, Kornelis Blok (2018)