Production Gap Report 2023 launch event
|8 Nov 2023
|16:00 - 17:15
Join the partners of the 2023 Production Gap Report for a critical exploration of global fossil fuel production in the context of the Paris Agreement’s temperature goals.
The Production Gap Report tracks governments’ planned and projected production of coal, oil and gas and the global production levels consistent with the Paris Agreement’s temperature goal.
Now, in its fourth edition, this year’s report will feature two major updates to the production gap analysis, drawing on changes in government plans and projections since August 2021 and the new mitigation scenarios database compiled for the IPCC’s sixth assessment report. The report will also provide a more detailed assessment of the global coal, oil and gas reduction pathways needed to keep the 1.5°C goal in reach.
Learn about all this and more in a special event highlighting this year’s key findings with the lead authors and global climate experts, followed by a Q&A.
Speakers will include co-lead authors Ploy Achakulwisut and Michael Lazarus of Stockholm Environment Institute and Niklas Hagelberg, Senior Programme Coordinator at UNEP.
Watch the event recording
Niklas Hagelberg, Senior Programme Coordinator, UNEP
- Ploy Achakulwisut, Research Fellow and Production Gap Report co-lead, SEI
- Michael Lazarus, US Centre Director and Production Gap Report co-lead, SEI
- Dr Neil Grant, Climate and Energy Analyst, Climate Analytics
- Andrea Guerrero Garcia, Director of Field Innovation, Growald Climate Fund
- Katrine Petersen, Senior Policy Advisor – Fossil Fuel Transition, E3G
- Angela Picciariello, Senior Researcher, IISD
Moderated by Lynsi Burton, Communications Officer, SEI
The Production Gap Report is produced by the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Climate Analytics, E3G, the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).