Jessie Schleypen (nee Granadillos) is a development economist who specialises in economic and multidimensional poverty impacts of climate change; climate change adaptation, co-benefits, and disaster risk management; policy analyses and development planning. She is one of the co-authors of the Economic Growth, Development, and Climate Change in Africa report (UNEP, forthcoming), UNDP’s Low Carbon Monitor (2016), and the Multi-Sectoral Investment Framework for Climate and Disaster Risk Management Diagnostic Reports for Ghana, Malawi, Senegal and Cameroon (World Bank report).
Prior to joining Climate Analytics, she has worked for the Government of the Philippines under the National Economic and Development Authority as a Senior Economic Development Specialist, and has been intensively involved in macroeconomic policy-making in the Philippines. She holds a Masters degree in International and Development Economics from HTW-Berlin, a Masters degree in Development Economics and Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics from the University of the Philippines.
She co-authored two papers for the Philippine Statistics Authority:
Oliva, M., Ballester, R., Ballesteros, G., dela Cruz, M., Granadillos, J., Quintos, M., Teves, M. “Examining the Appropriate Measure of Investment” (2013). 12th National Convention on Statistics. October.
Ballester, R., dela Cruz, M. , Granadillos, J., Quintos, M. (2013). “Evolution of the Philippine Economy As Seen Through the Time-Series Input-Output Tables (1961-2006)”. 12th National Convention on Statistics. October.
*Challenges in climate adaptation planning*Challenges in climate adaptation planning, Tabea Lissner, Jessie Granadillos, 30 May 2016
- Peer reviewed
- Sharing the burden: quantifying climate change spillovers in the European Union under the Paris Agreement Jessie Ruth Schleypen, Malcolm N. Mistry, Fahad Saeed, Shouro Dasgupta (2021)
- The impact of climate change on incomes and convergence in Africa Florent Baarsch, Jessie Granadillos, Bill Hare, Maria Knaus, Mario Krapp, Michiel Schaeffer, Hermann Lotze-Campen, World Development, (2020)
- Coal phase out and energy transition pathways for Asia and the Pacific Ursula Fuentes, Anna Chapman, Gaurav Ganti, Fahad Saeed, Jessie Ruth Schleypen, Bill Hare Review: Matt Gidden, Deborah Ramalope (2021)
- Decarbonising South Asia and South East Asia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Paola Yanguas Parra, Anne Zimmer, Andrzej Ancygier, Fahad Saeed, Robert Brecha, Bill Hare, Jessie Granadillos, Tina Aboumahboub, Gaurav Ganti, Ilsa Kelischek, Raghuveer Vyas, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Michiel Schaeffer (2019)
- The Low Carbon Monitor Eds. Michiel Schaeffer, Marcia Rocha, Matthew McKinnon (2016)