What the Ambition Summit means for COP28
|21 Sep 2023|
|09:00 - 10:30|
|Victor Borge Hall, Scandinavia House 58 Park Ave, New York, NY 10016|
The morning after the Ambition Summit, our panel of thought leaders and first movers debate its impact on the international climate process and set out what needs to happen on the road to COP28 and beyond.
In the years leading up to 2030, the stakes for the global community have never been higher. Meeting the 1.5°C goal requires global cooperation and bold leadership.
For New York Climate Week 2023, the morning after the Ambition Summit, our panel of thought leaders and first movers debate its impact on the international climate process and set out what needs to happen on the road to COP28 and beyond.
Plus, get the latest science on how climate change is impacting our world, what we can expect in the future, and the key actions we can still take to peak global emissions by 2025 and limit warming to 1.5°C for a more liveable world.
Selwin Hart, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Climate Action and Just Transition
Frances Fuller, Head of Offices, Climate Analytics
- Ambassador Tina Stege, Climate Envoy, Government of the Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Dr Bill Hare, CEO, Climate Analytics
- Kaveh Guilanpour, Vice-President for International Strategies, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Dr Hubert Danso, CEO and Chairman, Africa Investor Group
- Jennifer Baumwoll, Climate Promise Global Coordinator, United Nations Development Program
- Bill Hare, CEO, Climate Analytics
- Claire Fyson, Co-Head of Policy, Climate Analytics