While growth in installed renewable energy capacity has accelerated, there is still a long way to go to align with the necessary decarbonisation of the power sector. In this webinar, we will present our 1.5°C aligned benchmarks for decarbonising the power sector which show how the shares of coal, fossil gas and renewables need to evolve out to 2050 globally and for a broad cross section of countries.
The Climate Action Tracker, a joint initiative of Climate Analytics and NewClimate Institute, tracks government climate action in around 40 countries and measures it against the 1.5°C Paris Agreement limit.
Special Meeting on Loss and Damage
Our Senior Scientist and Loss and Damage Lead Dr Adelle Thomas will open and frame the discussion at the UN Climate Ambition Summit special session on loss and damage, followed by a panel debate featuring:
- IMF and MDBs
- Representatives of bilateral development finance institutions
- Global climate funds
- Private sector and philanthropies
- Civil society
- COP27 and COP28 Presidencies
In the years leading up to 2030, the stakes for the global community have never been higher. Meeting the 1.5°C goal requires global cooperation and bold leadership. The morning after the Ambition Summit, our panel of thought leaders and first movers debate its impact on the international climate process and set out what needs to happen on the road to COP28 and beyond. Plus, get the latest science on how climate change is impacting our world, what we can expect in the future, and the key actions we can still take to peak global emissions by 2025 and limit warming to 1.5°C for a more liveable world.
Selwin Hart, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Climate Action and Just Transition
Frances Fuller, Head of Offices, Climate Analytics
- Ambassador Tina Stege, Climate Envoy, Government of the Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Dr Bill Hare, CEO, Climate Analytics
- Kaveh Guilanpour, Vice-President for International Strategies, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Dr Hubert Danso, CEO and Chairman, Africa Investor Group
- Jennifer Baumwoll, Climate Promise Global Coordinator, United Nations Development Program
- Bill Hare, CEO, Climate Analytics
- Claire Fyson, Co-Head of Policy, Climate Analytics
Due to limited capacity, seating will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Those allocated a seat will receive a confirmation email with directions to the venue shortly after registering.