National Project Manager and Communications Expert – Burkina Faso
Application deadline: 15 December 2017
Starting Date: as soon as budget is confirmed
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Terms: Fixed term contract (60%) until August 2019, with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding
For further information send your questions via email to .
To apply, send one PDF file with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in English or French to by 15th December. Subject “National Project Manager and Communications Expert – Burkina Faso”
We are currently seeking a Project Manager and Communications Expert to support our scientific work in Burkina Faso. The position is based in Ouagadougou, and will require some travel to Climate Analytics’ regional offices in Lomé, and to other countries in the francophone sub-Saharan region.
Together with the national Climate Impact and Adaptation Expert, the national project manager will form a Burkina Faso project team, that will interact with similar project teams based in Senegal and Benin, as well as with the overall coordinating team based in Berlin.
The national project manager will report to the overall project manager based in the Berlin office and will cooperate closely with the national Climate Impact and Adaptation Expert, with the project’s policy analyst, as well as with various other colleagues.
Key responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Coordinate and monitor project activities in the country
- Interact with the project’s implementing partner GIZ for satisfying information needs and for identifying opportunities for joint activities
- Coordinate activities with project colleagues in the other countries as well as with headquarters in Berlin
- Budget oversight and planning for the national activities
- Liaise with national project partners in Burkina Faso and other project countries
- Facilitate the setup of a national network of scientists and support the practical arrangements and logistics of conducting vulnerability assessments in the country
- Liaise with representatives from government, private sector and civil society
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and facilitation of regional workshops and facilitation of stakeholder consultations in the region
- Monitor project outcomes and communicate them to national and regional stakeholders and project partners
You will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A Master degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management, stakeholder engagement, organisation and implementation of workshops
- Familiarity or experience working with or in Burkina Faso
- A well-developed sense for team work, excellent networking skills and ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Strong communication skills
- Native or near-native French writing and verbal skills. Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience working with the Burkinabe government and/or with national stakeholder networks (e.g. civil society, private sector)
- Experience working in virtual teams and conducting e-meetings
- Interest and experience in the field of climate change adaptation and scientific research for sustainable development