Policy Analysis and Negotiating Support for African Francophone LDC Negotiators
With support from the Global Campaign for Climate Action (GCCA), the Francophone support project aimed to provide support to African Francophone climate negotiators in the French language in the lead-up to and during the UNFCCC negotiations in the latter half of 2009. Climate Analytics provided real-time scientific analysis and policy support for Francophone developing country negotiators through a dedicated Francophone Climate Policy Analyst.
- Enhance effectiveness of Francophone LDC negotiators in the Copenhagen negotiations as well as in Post‐2012 climate negotiations
- Increase capacity to provide real‐time responses to questions arising in negotiations
- Intensive contact and communication with Francophone countries to detect their special needs in requirements of information and support
- Increased accessibility to scientific policy analyses due to French translations
- Help communicate analyses of issues to senior policy makers in the capitals of LDCs and SIDS