The proposals developed for Mali and Grenada will be implemented by GIZ and UNDP together with national institutions in these countries.
The programme developed with the government of Mali will benefit from a grant of up to €10 million from the German government and will focus on the following three areas:
- Climate knowledge acquisition and management
- Improvement of climate change governance
- Implementation of concrete, innovative, integrated and gender sensitive adaptation measures in various sectors such as agriculture, water, land degradation.
The programme developed with the government of Grenada will benefit from a grant of up to €5 million from the German government and will focus on the following four areas:
- Development of a strategic approach to integrating and mainstreaming climate change adaptation and climate resilience across sectors
- Climate resilient integrated water and coastal resource management
- Implementation of pilot adaptation and climate resilience activities on the ground, supporting communities to improve livelihoods through a Community Climate Change Adaptation Fund
- Knowledge management and establishment of capacity to access climate finance