Claire supports the Climate Diplomacy Team as analyst and advisor during negotiations under the IPCC and UNFCCC.
Before joining Climate Analytics, Claire worked for the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in the PRIMAP Emissions Team, where her work centred around analysing the mitigation components of the INDCs, with particular focus on the land-use sector. She has also worked as a policy analyst in a sustainability consultancy in London (the Carbon Trust), mainly focusing on renewable energy.
She holds an MSci in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge, with a specialty in geological sciences, and an MSc in Environmental Change and Management from the University of Oxford. Before joining PIK, she also did a traineeship in the European Commission, working in the energy and environment unit of the Secretariat General.
- Centred on science – how the IPCC can guide mitigation action Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare, 12 April 2019
- (K)eine gemeinsame Zukunft? Verschleppter Klimaschutz und intergenerationale Gerechtigkeit Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Marina Andrijevic, Claire Fyson, 08 February 2019
- Livin' in the future - delaying climate action and intergenerational justice Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Marina Andrijevic, Claire Fyson, 07 February 2019
- Setting the rules: can COP24 deliver on 1.5°C? Claire Fyson, 11 December 2018
- Beyond offsets? Market mechanisms under the Paris agreement Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare, 07 December 2018
- Good news! Loss & damage in the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C , 25 October 2018
- Stayin' alive: heatwave makes searing case for 1.5°C Claire Fyson, Fahad Saeed, Robert Brecha, Peter Pfleiderer, Quentin Lejeune, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, 15 August 2018
- Taking stock of the Global Stocktake , 08 May 2018
- IPCC special reports on land, oceans and ice , 07 May 2017
- The IPCC’s 1.5°C Special Report , 02 November 2016
- Moving forward with implementing climate plans under the Paris Agreement , 19 May 2016
- Briefing papers
- The dangers of Blue Carbon offsets: from hot air to hot water? Climate Analytics (2017)
- Insights from the IPCC Special Report on 1.5°C for preparation of long-term strategies Michiel Schaeffer, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Robert Brecha, Claire Fyson, Bill Hare (2019)
- Governing Large-Scale Carbon Dioxide Removal: Are We Ready? M.J. Mace, Claire Fyson, Michiel Schaeffer, Bill Hare (2018)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- What’s on the table? Mitigating agricultural emissions while achieving food security Sebastian Sterl, Sofia Gonzales-Zuñiga, Hanna Fekete, Claire Fyson, Jasmin Cantzler, Ursula Fuentes, Matt Beer, Yvonne Deng Lindee Wong, Daan Peters, Climate Action Tracker, (2018)