Project Assistant / Team Assistant
Start: as soon as possible
Place of work: Berlin
Terms: Full-time position with the chance of working part time. Currently we can offer a one-year fixed term contract with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
Requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Climate Analytics is a non-profit organisation, established in 2008. We are based in Berlin with offices in New York (USA), Lomé (Togo) and Perth (Australia), with staff and associates across Europe, South America, Australia, Africa and Asia. Our mission is to synthesise and advance scientific knowledge in the area of climate change and on this basis provide support and capacity building to stakeholders.
By linking scientific and policy analysis, we attempt to provide state-of-the-art solutions to global and national climate change policy challenges, including through flagship projects, such as the Climate Action Tracker. Through its unique position at the interface between science, policy and practice, and with its excellent international networks, Climate Analytics provides an exciting working environment with exceptional opportunities for the professional and personal development of each employee. For our diverse team of approaching 80 staff from 35 nationalities we are looking for a new colleague in Berlin.
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our offices are located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- For the time being, we offer a contract limited to one year. There is a prospect of extension and we are interested in a long-term cooperation.
- In addition to a standard market salary, we will refund your BVG ticket and offer a company pension plan.
We are currently seeking a Project Assistant / Team Assistant for our multidisciplinary Climate Policy Team of 10-15 experts.
Your main responsibility is the administrative and organizational support for the Climate Policy Team and related projects.
- Our internal team meetings and events are firmly in your hands, from the coordination and preparation of the rooms and technology to documentation if needed.
- You help your team members with logistics planning and support them in booking national and international trips.
- Building and maintaining good relationships is one of your strengths and you assist with communication internally with other teams and externally with project partners.
- You support the team leaders with organisational and administrative aspects of project development and project management.
- You assist team members with proof-reading and formatting reports, work papers, briefings and other information material and make sure that all documents in your area of responsibility are filed correctly.
- You have an apprenticeship in office management, project management or equivalent qualifications and minimum two years of relevant working experience.
- Strong/advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite are part of your qualification and you’re open towards learning new softwares.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and a motivated self-starter and as a team-player able to interact with a diverse array of people, including remotely in an highly international team.
- Experience in project management and coordination is a strong advantage.
- Our working language is English. Therefore, fluency in English and a good knowledge of German are necessary.