Ryan is a Climate and Energy Policy Analyst currently contributing to the Climate Action Tracker and Decarbonisation Strategies projects. He has a particular interest in sustainable energy solutions, having previously managed regional-scale renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in remote Western Australia and recently working as an Energy Market Analyst in Vienna analysing the disruptive capacity of alternative energy technologies on conventional energy markets. In a previous role at Future Directions International, a think tank in Perth, Australia, he contributed publications for the Global Food and Water Crises Programme.
Ryan holds a MSc in Socio-Ecological Economics and Policy from the Vienna University of Economics and Business, and bachelor degrees in Economics and Natural Resource Management from the University of Western Australia.
Wilson, R., (2019). The Myth of Political Reason: The Moral and Emotional Foundations of Political Cognition and US Politics. SRE – Discussion Papers, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Wilson, R., (2012). Water Shortage Crisis Escalating in the Tigris-Euphrates Basin. Strategic Analysis Paper – Global Food and Water Crises Programme, Future Directions International.
- Time to move from plans to action: how the EU can reduce its Russian gas dependency now Andrzej Ancygier, Ryan Wilson, 11 April 2022
- Briefing papers
- A 1.5°C compatible Switzerland Ryan Wilson, Pam Pearson, MJ Mace, Matthew Gidden (2021)
- Options for multilateral initiatives to close the global 2030 climate ambition and action gap - Policy field synthetic e-fuels Martin Cames, Hannes Böttcher, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Ryan Wilson (2021)
- EU 2030 emissions reduction target needs to be brought into line with the Paris Agreement 1.5°C limit Ryan Wilson, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare, Pam Pearson (2020)
- Background Paper: Key mitigation options to close the global 2030 ambition and action gap Ursula Fuentes, Marie-Camille Attard, Ryan Wilson, Gaurav Ganti, Claire Fyson, Matthias Duwe, Hannes Böttcher (2020)
- State of Climate Action 2021 Sophie Boehm, Katie Lebling, Kelly Levin, Hanna Fekete, Joel Jaeger, Anna Nilsson, Ryan Wilson, Andreas Geiges, Clea Schumer, Neelam Singh, Katie Ross, Louise Jeffery, Maggie Dennis, Sebastian Castellanos, Rajat Shrestha, Lydia Freehafer, Erin Gray, Madeleine Galvin, Matthew Gidden, Mikaela Weisse, Richard Waite, Joe Thwaites and Lihuan Zhou, Leah Lazer (2021)
- 1.5°C Pathways for Europe: Achieving the highest plausible climate ambition Ryan Wilson, Lara Welder, Alexandre Delfosse, Jonas Hörsch, Deborah Ramalope, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare (2021)
- Transitioning towards a zero-carbon society: science-based emissions reduction pathways for South Korea under the Paris Agreement Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Ryan Wilson, Matthew Gidden, Gaurav Ganti, Deborah Ramalope, Bill Hare (2020)
- Transitioning towards a coal-free society: science based coal phase-out pathway for South Korea under the Paris Agreement Paola Yanguas Parra, GauravGanti, Ryan Wilson, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Matthew Gidden, Deborah Ramalope (2020)
- A 1.5°C Compatible Carbon Budget for Western Australia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Bill Hare, Anna Chapman, Ryan Wilson, Tina Aboumahboub, Himalaya Shrestha, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaefer. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2019)
- G20 Brown to Green Report 2019 Climate Transparency Initiative (2019)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Paris Agreement Compatible Sectoral Benchmarks New Climate Institute: Louise Jeffery, Anna Nilsson, Niklas Höhne, Markus Hagemann; Climate Analytics: Marie-Camille Attard, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Andreas Geiges, Matthew Gidden, Bill Hare, Michiel Schaeffer, Ryan Wilson. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2020)