Rodrigo works as a Climate Policy Analyst, supporting our Implementation Strategies team across a wide variety of projects.
Before joining Climate Analytics, he worked for Mexico’s National Institute of Climate Change (INECC) where he was Assistant Director in Economic Instruments for Green Growth. During his time at INECC, he was involved in several projects involving mitigation and adaptation economic instruments. He developed national official statistics in green growth such as the green jobs indicator. He also contributed to the cost-benefit analysis of the Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) for the Mexican government presented in Paris (COP 21).
He started his career in the policy sector while working for the National Council for the Evaluation of Social Development Policy (CONEVAL) helping in the design of the first performance assessments in the national development policy programs. He also participated in the statistical committee for preliminary electoral results in the Federal Mexican Election of 2012.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in political science from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). He is completing his Master’s in Integrated Natural Resource Management at Humboldt Universität in Berlin.
- The role of finance and investment in meeting the 1.5°C goal Bianka Kretschmer, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Inga Menke, Rodrigo Narvaez, 10 December 2018
- Small Island Developing States access to the Green Climate Fund Kristin Qui, Rodrigo Narvaez Rojas, Mahlet Eyassu, Felipe Ossess (2022)
- SIDS access to the Green Climate Fund - understanding the GCF portfolio in small island developing states Kristin Qui, Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Felipe Ossess (2021)
- Enhancing the Climate Rationale for GCF Proposals Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)
- Addressing the GCF Investment Criteria Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)
- Elements of a Strong GCF Proposal Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)