Patrick supports the team in the coordination and implementation of the IMPACT project in the Pacific Region. Based at the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) in Samoa, he works closely with project partners in the region to drive scientific capacity building measures. This includes developing, maintaining and contributing to scientific networks in the Pacific region to build processes for the co-development of relevant project proposals for climate adaptation and mitigation projects. In his role as strategic advisor, he also contributes to the planning and facilitation of IMPACT related regional workshops.
He has a strong background in the fields climate risks and adaptation and comprehensive background knowledge in the area of economic and social development. He is highly experienced in the development of research tools, in addition to his strong project development and management expertise.
Patrick is an established expert on climate change adaptation and prior to joining Climate Analytics was Director of the UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP).He has a Master of Science with Distinction in Climate Change and International Development and has made key contributions to a number of peer-reviewed journals in this field. His recent published work covers a variety of adaptation issues including M&E for adaptation, enhancing integration of DRR and CCA, transformational adaptation and urban adaptation.
Georgi, B., Isoard, S., Asquith, M., Garzillo, C., Pringle, P., Swart, R.J. and Timmerman, J.G., Urban adaptation to climate change in Europe 2016-Transforming cities in a changing climate (2016), EEA Report| No 12/2016
Pringle, P., Karali, E., Mäkinen, K., Prutsch, Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation of national level adaptation in Europe: Lessons and experiences from other policy domains (2016), ETC/CCA Working Paper
Pringle, P., Karali, E., Klostermann, J.E.M., Mäkinen, K., Prutsch, A., Hildén, M., Swart, R.J.,Street, R. and MCCallum, S., National monitoring, reporting and evaluation of climate change adaptation in Europe (No. 20/2015). European Environment Agency
Lonsdale, K., Pringle, P. & Turner, B., Transformative adaptation: what it is, why it matters & what is needed. UK Climate Impacts Programme (2015), University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Bours, D., McGinn, C., and Pringle, P., The Theory of Change approach to climate change adaptation programming (2014). SEA Change CoP, Phnom Penh and UKCIP, Oxford.
Bours, D., McGinn, C., and Pringle, P., Selecting indicators for climate change adaptation programming (2014), SEA Change CoP, Phnom Penh and UKCIP, Oxford.
Bours, D., McGinn, C., and Pringle, P., Twelve reasons why climate change adaptation M&E is challenging (2014), SEA Change CoP, Phnom Penh and UKCIP, Oxford
- The building blocks for vital climate adaptation in small islands Patrick Pringle, Adelle Thomas, 28 May 2019
- Big change after the big storm: Post-disaster transformative adaptation in Small Island Developing States , 02 November 2017
- Peer reviewed
- Tracking global climate change adaptation among governments Lea Berrang-Ford, Robbert Biesbroek, James D. Ford, Alexandra Lesnikowski, Andrew Tanabe, Frances M. Wang, Chen Chen, Angel Hsu, Jessica J. Hellmann, Patrick Pringle, Martina Grecequet, J.-C. Amado, Saleemul Huq, Shuaib Lwasa & S. Jody Heymann , Nature Climate Change , 9, 440–449 (2019), https://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-019-0490-0, (2019)
- 1.5°C Hotspots: Climate Hazards, Vulnerabilities, and Impacts Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Delphine Deryng, Sarah D'haen, William Hare, Tabea Lissner, Mouhamed Ly, Alexander Nauels, Melinda Noblet, Peter Pfleiderer, Patrick Pringle, Martin Rokitzki, Fahad Saeed, Michiel Schaeffer, Olivia Serdeczny, Adelle Thomas, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Vol. 43:135-163, doi.org/10.1146/annurev-environ-102017-025835, (2018)
- Briefing papers
- Climate Adaptation and Theory of Change: Making it work for you Patrick Pringle, Adelle Thomas (2019)
- Tropical Cyclones: Impacts, the link to Climate Change and Adaptation Adelle Thomas, Patrick Pringle, Peter Pfleiderer, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner (2017)
- Pacific Marine Climate Change Report Card 2018 Eds. Bryony Townhill, Paul Buckley, Jeremy Hills, Tommy Moore, Sylvie Goyet, Awnesh Singh, Gilianne Brodie, Patrick Pringle, Sunny Seuseu, Tiffany Straza (2018)