Director - Lomé Office / Senior Implementation Specialist - Climate Finance & Adaptation
Kouassigan is part of implementation strategies team and leads implementation work in several international projects related to national adaptation planning processes, low carbon development strategies and climate finance, with a particular focus in sub-Saharan Africa.
He works to advance the mission of Climate Analytics in advancing science to inform policy development and implementation to reduce vulnerability to climate change and improve resilience building in vulnerable African countries, especially the Least Developed Countries (LDCs). He leads strategies to scale up capacity building mechanisms, to improve climate finance mobilisation for adaptation and mitigation objectives. He supports and strengthens resource mobilisation and partnership strategies for Paris Agreement-aligned initiatives in Africa.
Kouassigan is part of the management team and leads the programmatic work for implementation activities in the Africa region.
Prior to joining Climate Analytics in 2016, Kouassigan served as policy analyst and consultant with Washington, DC-based international organisations including the Environmental Pulse Institute (EPI), UN Environment North America and PYXERA Global on projects and research in Environment & Development field, especially mainstreaming climate change adaptation and mitigation measures into international corporate volunteer, integrated community development and local content development projects design and implementation, the execution of the United Nations 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP on SCP) in North America covering the US and Canada, and West African countries transition to green economy.
Kouassigan has researched and co-authored policy publications for the UN Environment’s Division of Early Warning and Awareness (UN Environment DEWA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Government of Rwanda (GoR) and the Economic Commission of West African States (ECOWAS).
Kouassigan holds two Masters degrees: one in International Environmental Policy with a specialty in Economics, Sustainability and Development from the Middleburry Insitute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) in California (USA), and one in English studies with a focus on American History and Politics from the Université de Lomé (Togo) and Université de Poitiers (France). Kouassigan is a Fulbright Alumnus.
- Business-as-unusual: working with Ghana's private sector on climate change adaptation Paolo Cozzi, Kouassigan Tovivo, 03 June 2020
- En route to Katowice: Negotiators from Least Developed Countries prepare for COP24 Manjeet Dhakal, Kouassigan Tovivo, Fahad Saeed, 27 October 2018
- Making use of latest science in adaptation planning Delphine Deryng, Adelle Thomas, Kouassigan Tovivo, 27 July 2018
- Adaptation Futures - a spotlight on climate adaptation in developing countries Maria Bertrand, Inga Menke, Adelle Thomas, Kouassigan Tovivo, Delphine Deryng, 10 July 2018
- Briefing papers
- Synthesis of the Least Developed Countries' NDCs Climate Analytics (2017)
- National 1.5°C compatible emissions pathways and consistent power sector benchmarks in Africa Marie-Camille Attard, Carley Reynolds, Kim Coetzee, Jonas Hörsch, Lara Welder, Kouassigan Tovivo, Deborah Ramalope, Claire Fyson Bill Hare (2022)
- Five years of the Green Climate Fund: how much has flowed to Least Developed Countries? Komna Djabare, Kouassigan Tovivo, Koffi Koumassi (2021)
- Gouvernance forestière et climatique en République du Congo : Défis et Perspectives Koffi Koumassi, Kouassigan Tovivo, Michel Bruce, Dr Jan Sindt, Lorraine Brindel (2020)
- Senegal: stocktaking of the integration of climate change in the policies and strategies at national and regional level (in French) Mélinda Noblet, Aichetou Seck, Sarah D’haen, Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- Benin: Stocktaking on the integration of climate change in national and sectorial strategies and policies [In French] Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- Utilisation de l’information et données relatives au changement climatique, ses impacts et l’adaptation dans les politiques et stratégies au Bénin : Résultats des entretiens Kouassigan Tovivo, Janne Ruszkowski, Constant Labitan, Sarah D`haen (2018)
- État des lieux de l’intégration du changement climatique dans les politiques et stratégies nationales et sectorielles au Bénin Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- What role do forests and governance play in countries’ nationally determined contributions to the Paris Climate Agreement? - Case study from Cameroon Michel Bruce, Oladé Balo Akakpo, Dr Mouhamed Ly, Kouassigan Tovivo, Kwadjo Vidja, Dr Jan Sindt, Lorraine Brindel, Amandine Berger (2018)