Djibril is the Climate Change Impact and Adaptation Expert for the PAS-PNA project. He is based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. His main responsibilities and activities are, among other things, performing independent qualitative and quantitative assessments of national and regional climate adaptation information; assessing the integration of scientific information into policy formulation processes and more in general assess the extent of interaction between the national scientific community and policy actors; assisting in the development and strengthening of the science-policy interface to facilitate the use of scientific output in the adaptation planning of the country and; supporting the overall development of scientific capacity and science-based approaches in national partner institutions.
Before joining Climate Analytics, with 9 years’ post-doctoral experience in diverse agro-sylvo-pastoral systems-related domains, Djibril worked on a number of projects dealing with climate change, adaptation and resilience in production systems in West Africa for the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) in Bamako, Mali between 2015 and 2018. His main role was to to conduct, in collaboration with national agricultural research institutions, participatory action research to upscale climate-smart agriculture (CSA) in West Africa and support capacity building of stakeholders on aspects related to CSA and especially participatory integrated climate services for agriculture (PICSA). Djibril also worked for Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) in Ouagadougou from 2013 to 2015, on land restoration and carbon stock measurement (mitigation) related projects.
Djibril holds a PhD degree in Forest Biology, Ecology and Management from Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU, Sweden) and an Engineer diploma in rural development (Sylvo-pastoralism) from Université Nazi Boni, (Burkina Faso).
For a list of his latest publications, please visit his ResearchGate profile.
Selected peer reviewed papers
1. Dayamba S.D., Ky-Dembele C., Bayala J., Dorward P., Sanogo D., Diop M. L., et al. 2018. Assessment of the use of participatory integrated climate services for agriculture (PICSA) approach by farmers to manage climate risk in Mali and Senegal. Climate Services (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cliser.2018.07.003.
2. Savadogo P., Diawara S., Dayamba S. D., Sawadogo L., Nacro H. B. 2017. Limited long-term effects of moderate livestock grazing and prescribed early fire on soil and root processes in Sudanian savanna-woodlands, West Africa. Geoderma 306: 18-27.
3. Bayala J, Zougmore R, Dayamba SD, Olivier A. Climate-Smart Agriculture Technologies in West Africa: learning from the ground Research for Development experiences. Agriculture & Food Security (2017) 6:40.
4. Dayamba S. D., Djoudi H., Zida M., Sawadogo L., Verchot L. 2016. Biodiversity and carbon stocks in different land use types in the Sudanian Zone of Burkina Faso, West Africa. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 216: 61-72.
5. Dayamba S. D., Savadogo P., Diawara S., Sawadogo L. 2016. Perspectives in restoration: storage and pretreatments of seeds for better germination of Sudanian savanna-woodland species. Journal of Forestry Research DOI 10.1007/s11676-016-0220-7.
Selected reports / manuals
1. Bayala J., Dayamba S. D., Ayantunde A. A., Somda J., Ky-Dembele C., Bationo B.A., Buah S., Sanogo D., Tougiani A., Zougmoré R. 2018. METHODOLOGICAL GUIDE : Community participatory inventory and prioritization of climate-smart crop-livestock-agroforestry technologies / practices. ICRAF Technical Manual. Nairobi: World Agroforestry Centre;
2. Bayala J., Dayamba S. D., Ky-Dembélé C., Savadogo P., Arinloye A. D. 2018. Manuel de Vulgarisation de l’Agriculture Intelligente face au Climat. Manuel Technique ICRAF. Nairobi : World Agroforestry Centre.