+ 49 (0)30 259 22 95 27
Bianka Kretschmer is a climate policy analyst working on international climate finance with a focus on the UN climate negotiations and the Green Climate Fund (GCF). Bianka supports delegations from vulnerable countries as technical adviser with technical briefing papers, background research, and targeted policy analysis on all aspects of the international climate finance architecture. She currently serves as the adviser to the team representing Small Island Developing States (SIDS) on the GCF Board. In the climate negotiations, Bianka supports the climate finance coordinator of the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS).
Before joining Climate Analytics, Bianka worked as a research assistant at the Humboldt University’s Chair of Gender and Postcolonial Studies. She previously worked as a research assistant at the Centre for Human Rights in Pretoria, South Africa.
Bianka holds a Master’s degree in English Literatures from Humboldt University Berlin; her thesis focused on the shifting cultural politics and global discourses of climate change. She has a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations from the School of International Studies at the Dresden Institute of Technology, Germany, with a focus on public international law and political science. As part of her studies she spent a year abroad at the University of La Réunion in the Indian Ocean, where she specialised in sustainable development.
- The role of finance and investment in meeting the 1.5°C goal Bianka Kretschmer, Carl-Friedrich Schleussner, Inga Menke, Rodrigo Narvaez, 10 December 2018
- From Paris to Songdo: How the Green Climate Fund’s new Strategic Vision supports the Paris Agreement , 07 April 2016
- Green Climate Fund strengthens its accreditation framework , 23 November 2015
- Fossil Fuel Divestment movement gains traction in the run up to the Paris Climate Summit , 09 October 2015
- Briefing papers
- Debt for Climate Swaps: Caribbean Outlook Frances Fuller, Luis Zamarioli, Bianka Kretschmer, Adelle Thomas and Laetitia De Marez (2018)
- 9th GCF Board meeting in Songdo, South Korea: Why 2015 will determine what kind of climate fund the GCF will be Felix Fallasch, Bianka Kretschmer (2015)