Anna is a Climate and Energy Policy Analyst contributing to the Climate Action Tracker, the Australia report of the Scaling Up Climate Action Series, and a Climate Governance Assessment Project evaluating the readiness of countries to ratchet up climate policy from an institutional and governance perspective.
Anna’s interests focus on the development of climate policy and energy transformation strategies in the Asia-Pacific Region. She also works on projects with the Energy Transition Hub looking at how Australia can support a transition in South East Asia countries towards renewable energy based development, including opportunities for Australian renewable energy exports. In a previous role at Murdoch University, Anna researched the topics of green growth in Australian cities, and transitioning urban environments with renewable energy to a post carbon society.
She holds a MA in Politics with Honours from the University of Glasgow.
- Peer reviewed
- Green growth in cities: two Australian cases Tania Urmee, Martin Anda, Anna Chapman, Md. Anisuzzaman, Renewable Energy and Environmental Sustainability, (2017)
- Briefing papers
- Energy transition to renewable energies: opportunities for Australian cooperation with Indonesia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Tania Urmee, Chris Muir, Muhammad Hasnat Morshed Bhuyan, Anna Chapman, Energy Transition Hub, (2019)
- Impact of Burrup Hub on Western Australia’s Paris Agreement Carbon Budget Bill Hare, Ursula Fuentes, Anna Chapman (2020)
- Energy transition to renewable energies: opportunities for Australian cooperation with Vietnam Anna Chapman, Tania Urmee, Caitlin Shem, Ursula Fuentes (2020)
- A 1.5°C Compatible Carbon Budget for Western Australia Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Bill Hare, Anna Chapman, Ryan Wilson, Tina Aboumahboub, Himalaya Shrestha, Robert Brecha, Michiel Schaefer. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2019)
- Production Gap 2019 Report SEI, IISD, ODI, Climate Analytics, CICERO, and UNEP (2019)
- Climate governance in the Philippines Climate Analytics and New Climate Institute (2019)
- Climate Governance in Australia Climate Analytics and New Climate Institute (2019)
- A 1.5°C Compatible Carbon Budget for Queensland Bill Hare, Ursula Fuentes, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaefer, Carl Schleussner, Anna Chapman (2019)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Scaling up Climate Action in Australia Ursula Fuentes, Bill Hare, Anna Chapman, Tina Aboumahboub, Himalaya Bir Shrestha, Anne Zimmer, Charlotte Plinke, Michiel Schaefer, Bob Brecha, Matt Gidden. Graphic design: Matt Beer (2020)