Starting date: as soon as possible
Terms: Full time position. One-year contract with perspective for extension based on performance and funding
Other requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit
Application deadline: until position is filled
For further information send your questions via email to .
To apply, send your CV and covering letter in German or English with the subject “Administrative Assistant” by email to .
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Berlin office. You will work in an international environment supporting our administration team in making day-to-day operations run smoothly. As Administrative Assistant you will be reporting to the Global Team Assistant and working closely with the HR Manager.
- General office duties such as drafting documents, writing meeting minutes, answering phone calls, sorting incoming post
- Maintaining office supply stocks, equipment and stationery
- Liaise with janitor, cleaners, service providers and contractors
- Setting up workspaces and computers for new colleagues
- Updating inventory and contract registers
- Booking team travel and logistics planning
- Technical and IT support for colleagues, including support with the teleconference system, telephone system etc.
- Ensure regular maintenance of office machines (photocopiers, scanners, coffee machine)
- Event organisation, organising catering and supporting on logistics
- Assistance in the development, implementation and regular review of administrative systems, processes and databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinating Occupational Health & Safety requirements, i.a. acting as 1st point of contact, implementing OHS requirements in the office, organising regular Health & Safety trainings and related activities
- Coordinating professional development courses for colleagues including language courses, in house stress prevention measures
- Administrative assistance for recruiting processes
- Vocational training as an office clerk, foreign language assistant or a Bachelor degree in business administration or similar
- Excellent communication skills and sense of humor
- Work experience in an administrative position (6 months – 2 years)
- Organisational and time management skills. This includes the ability to manage multiple priorities within set timelines, proactively finding solutions, and remaining calm when working under pressure.
- Tech-savvy: Strong skills in using the full Microsoft Office Suite, experience in working with Macs is an advantage
- Experience with German health and safety regulations a plus
- Fluency in German and good English, French is an asset
- Enjoy working as part of an international team
- Motivated and reliable self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Experience in developing and maintaining electronic administrative systems and experience in identifying and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience working in an international or non-profit organisation or research institute.