Paola is a climate policy analyst supporting the Climate Action Tracker, analysing the impact of current policies, pledges, targets and INDCs on national emissions.
Before moving to Germany she worked for the Colombian Government in its only public banking Institution. Paola has work experience in the areas of research, financial analysis, economic studies, and projects assessment.
She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Colombia´s National University) and a Master’s in Public Policy (MPP) from the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin.
- Briefing papers
- Facilitating Global Transition: The Role of Nationally Determined Contributions in Meeting the Long-Term Temperature Goal of the Paris Agreement By Dr. (h.c.) Bill Hare, Dr. Andrzej Ancygier, Laetitia De Marez, Paola Yanguas Parra, NDC partnership, (2017)
- The Finkel Review and scientific consistency with the Paris Agreement Bill Hare, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Fabio Sferra, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler, Michiel Schaeffer, Matt Beer (2017)
- Stress test for coal in the EU Climate Analytics (2017)
- The Low Carbon Monitor Eds. Michiel Schaeffer, Marcia Rocha, Matthew McKinnon (2016)
- Implications of the Paris Agreement for coal use in the power sector Dr. Marcia Rocha, Dr. (h.c) Bill Hare, Paola Yanguas Parra, Niklas Roming, Ugur Ural, Dr. Andrzej Ancygier, Jasmin Cantzler, Fabio Sferra, Howard Li, Dr. Michiel Schaeffer (2016)
- What does the Paris Agreement mean for Finland and the European Union? Marcia Rocha, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer, Niklas Roming, Andrzej Ancygier, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler, Alain Coimbra, Bill Hare (2016)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Action by China and India slows emissions growth, President Trump’s policies likely to cause US emissions to flatten Climate Action Tracker (2017)
- Australia set to overshoot its 2030 target by large margin Marcia Rocha, Bill Hare, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler (Climate Analytics) Niklas Höhne (NewClimate Institute) Louise Jeffery, Ryan Alexander (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impacts Research) Lindee Wong, Karlien Wouters, Kornelis Blok (Ecofys) (2015)