+1 646 790 58 45
Laetitia De Marez is Director of our New York office and leads our work on International Climate Finance. She is a highly experienced policy analyst who has been active in UNFCCC negotiations since 2003 specialising in climate finance and adaptation, as well as in readiness and mitigation actions by developing countries. She has been technical adviser to the Alliance of Small Island States on climate finance since 2010. Her expertise includes technical and strategic support to most vulnerable countries, the coordination of scientific reports on climate impacts, technical and policy reports, as well as the definition of national climate plans. She furthermore has comprehensive expertise in the multilateral climate finance architecture, including special circumstances and capacity constraints of SIDS and other small developing countries in accessing international climate funds. As a technical adviser to Barbados Laetitia has been involved with the establishment of the Green Climate Fund since 2010 and has an extensive knowledge of the Fund’s policies and procedures as well as the GCF Board process.
Before joining Climate Analytics, she has spent seven years campaigning and leading international projects for public awareness for international environmental NGOs on climate change and energy issues.
Laetitia holds a postgraduate degree in International Relations from the Political Science Institute of Lille, France and an undergraduate degree in Political Studies. She is currently fellow in climate finance at the New York University School of Law.
- Briefing papers
- Debt for Climate Swaps: Caribbean Outlook Frances Fuller, Luis Zamarioli, Bianka Kretschmer, Adelle Thomas and Laetitia De Marez (2018)
- Facilitating Global Transition: The Role of Nationally Determined Contributions in Meeting the Long-Term Temperature Goal of the Paris Agreement By Dr. (h.c.) Bill Hare, Dr. Andrzej Ancygier, Laetitia De Marez, Paola Yanguas Parra, NDC partnership, (2017)
- New and Additional? A discussion paper on fast-start finance commitments of the Copenhagen Accord Felix Fallasch, Laetitia De Marez (2010)
- Assessment of progress made on fast-start finance commitments Felix Fallasch, Laetitia De Marez (2010)
- Adequacy of Copenhagen mitigations pledges: The case for low carbon development strategies Seburikoko, L., Schaeffer, M., De Marez, L., Hare, B., Macey, K., Chen, C., Rogelj, J. , IIED Briefing Paper, (2010)
- The Galaxy of Climate Finance Felix Fallasch, Laetitia De Marez , Kirsten Macey (2010)
- Africa's Adaptation Gap: Bridging the Gap - Mobilising Sources Michiel Schaeffer, Florent Baarsch, Gilbert Balo, Kelly de Bruin, Richard Calland, Felix Fallasch, Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Len Verwey, Sandra Freitas, Laetitia De Marez, Jerome van Rooij, Bill Hare (2015)
- Africa’s Adaptation Gap: Climate-change impacts, adaptation challenges and costs for Africa Michiel Schaeffer, Florent Baarsch, Sophie Adams, Kelly de Bruin, Laetitia De Marez, Sandra Freitas, Andries Hof, Bill Hare (2013)