+49 (0)30 259 22 95-36
Fabio Sferra is a climate policy analyst and contributes his expertise in the field of integrated assessment modelling and mitigation policies chiefly to the Climate Action Tracker project. His recent work focuses on the efficiency of fragmented climate agreements and related financial transfers. Fabio has also investigated the optimal energy investments in a low-carbon world. His main research interests involve energy and climate change modelling.
Before joining Climate Analytics, he worked as a researcher at FEEM (Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei), in the climate change and sustainable development division.
Fabio holds a MSc in Energy Risk Management from the Bicocca University of Milan and a degree in Economics from Cattolica University of Milan.
- Briefing papers
- Feasibility of limiting warming to 1.5 and 2°C Joeri Rogelj, Michiel Schaeffer, Niklas Roming, Fabio Sferra, Bill Hare, Olivia Serdeczny (2015)
- Stress test for coal in the EU Climate Analytics (2017)
- The Low Carbon Monitor Eds. Michiel Schaeffer, Marcia Rocha, Matthew McKinnon (2016)
- Implications of the Paris Agreement for coal use in the power sector Dr. Marcia Rocha, Dr. (h.c) Bill Hare, Paola Yanguas Parra, Niklas Roming, Ugur Ural, Dr. Andrzej Ancygier, Jasmin Cantzler, Fabio Sferra, Howard Li, Dr. Michiel Schaeffer (2016)
- What does the Paris Agreement mean for Finland and the European Union? Marcia Rocha, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer, Niklas Roming, Andrzej Ancygier, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler, Alain Coimbra, Bill Hare (2016)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- Are governments doing their “fair share”? - New method assesses climate action Niklas Höhne, Hanna Fekete, Markus Hagemann, Bill Hare, Marcia Rocha, Michiel Schaeffer, Fabio Sferra, Louise Jeffery, Kornelis Blok, Yvonne Deng (2015)
- Switzerland INDC: first in, but room for improvement Höhne, Niklas, Fekete Hanna, Hagemann Markus, Sferra Fabio, Rocha Marcia, Hare Bill, Schaeffer Michiel, Jeffery Louise, Blok Kornelis, and Deng Yvonne (2015)
- Has the EU Commission weakened its climate proposal? Possibly Höhne, Niklas, Fekete Hanna, Hagemann Markus, Hare Bill, Schaeffer Michiel, Rocha Marcia, Sferra Fabio, Jeffery Louise, Gütschow Johannes, Blok Kornelis, van Breevoort Pieter, and Deng Yvonne (2015)
- Australian Energy "Green Paper" foresees continuing increase in coal use: undermines 2°C goal and heads towards 4°C world Bill Hare, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer Niklas Höhne, Hanna Fekete, Louise Jeffery, Marcia Rocha, Cindy Baxter, Karlien Wouters (2014)