+49 (0)30 259 22 95-36
Fabio Sferra is a climate policy analyst and contributes his expertise in the field of integrated assessment modelling and mitigation policies chiefly to the Climate Action Tracker project. His recent work focuses on the efficiency of fragmented climate agreements and related financial transfers. Fabio has also investigated the optimal energy investments in a low-carbon world. His main research interests involve energy and climate change modelling.
Before joining Climate Analytics, he worked as a researcher at FEEM (Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei), in the climate change and sustainable development division.
Fabio holds a MSc in Energy Risk Management from the Bicocca University of Milan and a degree in Economics from Cattolica University of Milan.
- Briefing papers
- The Finkel Review and scientific consistency with the Paris Agreement Bill Hare, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Fabio Sferra, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler, Michiel Schaeffer, Matt Beer (2017)
- Feasibility of limiting warming to 1.5 and 2°C Joeri Rogelj, Michiel Schaeffer, Niklas Roming, Fabio Sferra, Bill Hare, Olivia Serdeczny (2015)
- Intended Nationally- Determined Contributions (INDCs): Opportunity for Nepal Sandra Freitas, Fabio Sferra, Manjeet Dhakal, Marie Lindberg and Florent Baarsch, Climate Analytics, (2014)
- Science based coal phase-out timeline for Japan - Implications for policymakers and investors Paola Yanguas Parra, Yuri Okubo, Niklas Roming, Ursula Fuentes Hutfilter, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer, Bill Hare, Matt Beer (2018)
- Stress test for coal in the EU Climate Analytics (2017)
- The Low Carbon Monitor Eds. Michiel Schaeffer, Marcia Rocha, Matthew McKinnon (2016)
- Implications of the Paris Agreement for coal use in the power sector Dr. Marcia Rocha, Dr. (h.c) Bill Hare, Paola Yanguas Parra, Niklas Roming, Ugur Ural, Dr. Andrzej Ancygier, Jasmin Cantzler, Fabio Sferra, Howard Li, Dr. Michiel Schaeffer (2016)
- What does the Paris Agreement mean for Finland and the European Union? Marcia Rocha, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer, Niklas Roming, Andrzej Ancygier, Paola Parra, Jasmin Cantzler, Alain Coimbra, Bill Hare (2016)
- Climate Action Tracker Reports and Updates
- The highway to Paris: Safeguarding the climate by decarbonising freight transport Fabio Sferra, Ursula Fuentes, Jasmin Cantzler, Gaurav Ganti, Yvonne Deng, Thibaud Lemercier, Sebastian Sterl, Takeshi Kuramochi, Lisa Luna (2018)
- A policy spotlight on energy efficiency in appliances and lights could see big climate gains Jasmin Cantzler, Fabio Sferra, Ursula Fuentes, Gaurav Ganti, Thibaud Lemercier, Irina van der Hoorn, Yvonne Deng, Kornelis Blok, Takeshi Kuramochi, Markus Hagemann, Niklas Höhne, Climate Action Tracker, (2018)
- Foot off the gas: increased reliance on natural gas in the power sector risks an emissions lock-in Climate Action Tracker (2017)
- Action by China and India slows emissions growth, President Trump’s policies likely to cause US emissions to flatten Climate Action Tracker (2017)
- Are governments doing their “fair share”? - New method assesses climate action Niklas Höhne, Hanna Fekete, Markus Hagemann, Bill Hare, Marcia Rocha, Michiel Schaeffer, Fabio Sferra, Louise Jeffery, Kornelis Blok, Yvonne Deng (2015)
- Switzerland INDC: first in, but room for improvement Höhne, Niklas, Fekete Hanna, Hagemann Markus, Sferra Fabio, Rocha Marcia, Hare Bill, Schaeffer Michiel, Jeffery Louise, Blok Kornelis, and Deng Yvonne (2015)
- Has the EU Commission weakened its climate proposal? Possibly Höhne, Niklas, Fekete Hanna, Hagemann Markus, Hare Bill, Schaeffer Michiel, Rocha Marcia, Sferra Fabio, Jeffery Louise, Gütschow Johannes, Blok Kornelis, van Breevoort Pieter, and Deng Yvonne (2015)
- Australian Energy "Green Paper" foresees continuing increase in coal use: undermines 2°C goal and heads towards 4°C world Bill Hare, Fabio Sferra, Michiel Schaeffer Niklas Höhne, Hanna Fekete, Louise Jeffery, Marcia Rocha, Cindy Baxter, Karlien Wouters (2014)